Engineering Simulation and Scientific Software emerged to establish a link between the scientific knowledge developed at universities and the application of such knowledge to industry, providing the market with the dynamism and investigative spirit of scientific research, added to a constant search for excellence in the quality of its services.
Established in 1995 within the Computational Fluid Dynamics Laboratory of UFSC, a renowned Brazilian federal university, ESSS gained prominence in the market by developing custom software for several sectors of the Petrobras Research Center, which has partnered up with ESSS to carry out research activities in the areas of exploration, production, refining and distribution of oil and derivative products until today.
Nowadays, more than 300 professionals from 50 departments at Petrobras make use of the computational solutions provided by ESSS, and an average of 200 Petrobras professionals participate in the training courses offered by the ESSS Institute for Education, Research and Development every year.
In addition, ESSS's portfolio consists of more than 500 South American customers from a wide spectrum of industries, including oil and gas, aeropspace, automotive, metalworking, power generation, turbomachinery, chemical processes and mining.
Since its creation, ESSS has maintained an organic growth and received important awards for technological innovation. Furthermore, ESSS has developed important technical and commercial partnerships with global Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) companies and has become the ANSYS center of excellence for Brazil and South America.
Over the years, ESSS has gained an international reputation by offering a complete range of mathematical modeling and numerical simulation solutions to the market and has expanded its operations by establishing new affiliate offices in Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru and USA.
Mission, Vision & ValuesInnovation and technical excellence are the premises which allow ESSS to provide high value-added simulation solutions to make the engineer's work more creative and productive.
Technical teamA highly-skilled team of engineers and software developers enable ESSS to provide a wide range of simulation solutions which can be customized according to the customer's needs.
- ESSS has emerged in Florianopolis, Brazil, by developing custom software for the Petrobras Research Center
- Max Award, from Fenasoft, to COI-Lib - a award-winning programming library developed by ESSS
- Initial contacts with Advanced Scientific Computing (ASC), AEA Technology and CEI open the way to ESSS become a reference in the field of Computer Aided Engeneering
- ESSS becomes the ANSYS, Inc. channel partner and opens the way to be the ANSYS Center of Excellence in South America
- FINEP Innovation Award - Regional Product Category
- ESSS starts to market products developed in-house: Kraken and Chimera
- ESSS opens its affiliate office in Sao Paulo, Brazil
- ESSS surpass the mark of 200 institutions as customer in South America
- ESSS opens its affiliate office in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- FINEP Innovation Award - Small Business
- ESSS joins the Rio Technology Park
- ESSS opens its affiliate office in Santiago, Chile
- Technical agreement with SKF Brazil to provide Numerical Simulation and ODS services
- Visual identity evolution with the ESSS logo redesign
- ESSS opens ESSS North America, in Houston, a partnership with the Italian CAE company Enginsoft